Good news for Motorola Photon 4G users! Those who’ve been messing around with their brand new Tegra-equipped devices and have managed to turn them into bricks may have a second chance. A system boot file for the Motorola Photon 4G has been leaked on the forums by user Yay 4 Juggs that may allow Photon users to restore their phones from a hard brick. Read after the break for a download, instructions, and more!
Flash Guide (Instructions)
- Download RSDLite 5.3.1
- Install the program
- Download SBF file from above links
- Fully charged device
- Drivers installed
Do not flash this file unless absolutely necessary. It will help those who’ve bricked their device to recover, but this is not for flashing just for fun. BriefMobile cannot be held responsible for device damage due to this guide.
- Make sure your phone is turned off
- Take out your microSD card for the flashing process
- While turning the phone on, hold the Volume Up button until it acknowledges RSD
- Your device will say “Starting RSD protocol support”
- Run “RSD Lite” on your computer
- Press the “. . .” button next to the box labeled “Filename”
- Load up the SBF file
- The SBF file is located inside of the .gz file, you must extract it out before loading it into RSD Lite
- Use WinRAR or 7-Zip to extract the .gz file on your computer
- Plug your device into your computer
- Use the USB ports on the back side of your computer for safety
- RSD Lite should recognize your device and say “Connected…”
- Press the “Start” button
- Be patient while the phone reboots. It will take a long time.