According to recent reports, such as Phonereview.com and Mobilewhack.com, numerous users have a bricked device after updating to Froyo 2.2. Have you recently gotten the Android Froyo 2.2 update for your Samsung M910, A.K.A. Intercept, and you device is now frozen/bricked?
Well do I have good news for you! Fresh from my email from my district manager in Sprint is this new update.zip and instructions on how to fix the issues you are having after the Froyo 2.2 update. This is for devices only with Froyo 2.2 already on it.
1. Click on the link below and save it to an SD card
2. Put the SD card in phone
3. Remove battery
4. Replace battery
5. Hold Volume Down, Talk and End until “Android system recovery” screen comes up
6. Scroll down to the second option “apply sdcard:update.zip”
7. Press enter
8. Find something else to do for about ten minutes while the phone fixes itself and restarts
This update.zip has been tested multiple times by Sprint managers to be working. This is what Sprint Reps/Techs are informed to use to fix frozen Intercepts.
A few notes…
– We have done this multiple times with no ill effects here at this store, but do this at your own risk. At this point, there is nothing to lose if the phone is already frozen, so I don’t see a down side though.
– All of the customers info should still be there provided you didn’t try to do a factory reset in attempts to fix it first.
– Make sure it has enough battery to completely finish the install. If it is less than half I would recommend plugging it in while it installs.