The Ice Cream Sandwich party continues, as Verizon has announced that Android 4.0 will be rolling out to the XOOM 4G beginning on June 4th. The update will come over-the-air to users. On the 4th, head into Settings -> About Tablet -> System Update to get your tasty dose of Ice Cream Sandwich.
The update applies to 3G and 4G users.
The full changelog is below, but we all know what Ice Cream Sandwich brings to the table.
- The Launch Bar, which allows you to drop applications, shortcuts and folders into and access from any homescreen
- Usage Center, which Verizon has been highly touting as of late. It lets you keep track of your data usage
- Notification Pop Up Box, which contains all of your inboxes and notifications in one streamlined box
- Folders, you’ve all seen ICS folders by now, so you’ll get to create and use them on the XOOM screen as well
- There are many other benefits from the update though. Here is a list:
- 4G LTE upgrade issues resolved
- Exchange/Activesync policy improvements
- EAS security and sync fixed
- Email search
- Updated browser with faster rendering
- Updated People application
- Improved text input
- Improved stability
- App launcher has been redesigned to allow app dragging to uninstall or disable
- Launch camera from lockscreen option
- Single mode panorama mode
- Photo editor added in Gallery application
- New font (Roboto)