Since we reported on the release of Android 2.2 for the T-Mobile Vibrant earlier today, many have asked, “How can I update my device?” No problem! Our short guide below will teach you how to update your Samsung Vibrant (T-Mobile) to Android 2.2 Froyo.
Android 2.2 Froyo Vibrant Instructions
- First, register your T-Mobile Vibrant at Samsung’s website.
- Click here. Press “I Own This” and then click “Register this product for service eligibility.”
- Follow the instructions and register your device.
- Install Samsung’s Kies Mini program
- Click here to download
- Install the program on your Windows PC
- Enter “Debugging Mode” on your T-Mobile Vibrant
- Go to Settings >> Applications
- Turn on USB Debugging mode, ignoring the warning
- Plug in your T-Mobile Vibrant to your Windows PC
- Press the update button
“Unregistered Device” Error in Samsung Kies
Complete the instructions above and restart your Windows PC prior to plugging in your T-Mobile Vibrant to update.