HTC One X - Bootloader Unlock
So you saw the good news earlier today. Now, you want to unlock your own bootloader. But, you’re not comfortable with hex-editing and all that jazz. No worries! Thanks to famed Android developer DesignGears, you can use this simple tool below to unlock your AT&T HTC One X. Simply download the tool, run it, and follow the instructions on-screen.
UNLOCK HTC ONE X BOOTLOADER (AT&T)
Follow BriefMobile on Twitter for more One X tools, modifications, and ROMs!
- Root your AT&T One X.
- Download the Spoof-CID.zip file. (Mirror)
- Extract Spoof-CID.zip into a directory on your computer.
- Plug your HTC One X into your computer via USB.
Enable USB Debugging on your HTC One X.
- Recommended: Plug your device’s USB cable into the back of your computer if you’re using a desktop PC.
Place the phone in Charge Only mode.
- Settings >> Developer Options >>USB debugging (checked)
Double click Unlock-Bootloader.bat to run the script. (Windows)
Follow the on-screen instructions.
Once you are in bootloader mode, press any key and dump out the unlock token.
Right click the very first “<” sign in the unlock token.
Click that first “<” sign after the “< Please cut following message >” statement and highlight until the very last “>” sign. Essentially, you’re highlighting all the text of the token excluding “(bootloader).”
- Pull down notifications bar, click on USB connection type, and switch to “Charge only.”
Right click the highlighted part again to copy the text.
Go to HTCDev.com
Register a username and login.
Once logged in, navigate to this page.
Scroll to the bottom and paste your unlock token in the field.
You will now receive an email with a file titled “Unlock_code.bin” attached.
Download that Unlock_code.bin and drop it in the folder you extracted the Spoof-CID.zip tool into.
Press any key in the tool window to resume the script.
Congratulations! Your AT&T One X now has an unlocked bootloader.
Copy Bootloader Unlock Token