AT&T launched their version of the HTC One X just two days ago. Unfortunately, due to a locked bootloader, users have been unable to achieve root access using a traditional insecure kernel. Using the Sparky root method from the Transformer Prime, the One X now maintains permanent root access. To root the AT&T One X, it only takes about three minutes. Simply follow the instructions below and you’ll be gold.
Root AT&T One X
Follow BriefMobile on Twitter for more One X tools, modifications, and ROMs!
- Download and install the HTC mobile phone drivers.
- Download the onxr.zip file. (Mirror)
- Extract onxr.zip into a directory on your computer.
- Plug your HTC One X into your computer via USB.
- Recommended: Plug your device’s USB cable into the back of your computer if you’re using a desktop PC.
- Enable USB Debugging on your HTC One X.
- Settings >> Developer Options >>USB debugging (checked)
- Place the phone in Charge Only mode.
- Pull down notifications bar, click on USB connection type, and switch to “Charge only.”
- Double click root.bat to run the script. (Windows)
- Linux users: double click root-linux.sh.
- Mac users: double click root-mac.sh.
- Congratulations! Your device will reboot a number of times and then you will have full root access.