Many prospective Epic 4G owners have been worried about the Samsung Galaxy S TouchWiz interface. Those of you who want a stock Android experience on their homescreen… no worries. Simply follow our process below and you can easily disable the TouchWiz home-screen launcher. Just a warning: you lose your “seven” homescreens for the stock Android classic three homescreens. Check out the instructions and then the gallery below.
This process works on TouchWiz 2.5 devices. It will work on the stock Samsung Epic 4G for Sprint, but it will not work on the Samsung Captivate for AT&T, Samsung Fascinate for Verizon, or the Samsung Vibrant for T-Mobile.
- Head over to the Settings application. (Press “Menu” button, Click “Settings”)
- Scroll down and click “Applications”
- Click on the “Manage Applications” button
- Press the “Menu” button, click “Filter”
- Press “All”
- Scroll almost all the way down to “TwLauncher” and click it
- Under “Launch by default” press “Clear defaults”
- Now, click your Home button
- Choosing “Home” instead of “TwLauncher” will bring you to the Vanilla Android launcher and homescreens. You can click on “Use by default for this action.”
To switch back, perform the same operation, but clear the defaults for the “Home” application. Now choose “TwLauncher” as your default home-button launcher.
Thanks to chris5h for the insight!