Update: Android 2.2 has been officially released.
Android 2.2 for the Samsung Epic 4G is here– kind of. It’s a leaked beta version labeled DJ29. The leaker released the build on the XDA-Developers forum with a fully deodexed, zip-aligned, and pre-rooted package ready to go for Clockwork Mod Recovery. Follow the instructions below to get Android 2.2 on your Sprint Epic 4G from Samsung.
Android 2.2 Epic 4G
- You should always flash back to stock firmware, but you can upgrade without flashing back.
- Be aware your data will be erased
- Download the Android 2.2 Froyo zip: froyo-beta-deodexed_v4.1.signed.zip
- Root your device and install “Rom Manager” from the Market
- Place the froyo-beta-deodexed_v4.1.signed.zip on your phone’s SD
- In “Rom Manager,” flash Clockwork Mod Recovery to your Epic 4G
- Reboot your device into the new Clockwork recovery
- Choose “install zip from sdcard” and find the froyo-beta-deodexed_v4.1.signed.zip file
- Select to install that .zip
- browser lag
- audio sometimes skips while using 3G
- Automatic brightness needs to be toggled once before the brightness slider in the notification bar works