The Google Nexus S has been rooted by developers over at XDA-Developers within the first hours of release. You can expect a good amount of custom ROM development for this device, and some awesome hacks and modifications.
If you want to root your Google Nexus S, simply follow the easy instructions below:
- Reboot into fastboot mode
- Power off the device, Press and hold Volume Up/Down and Power
- Or, in ADB: adb reboot bootloader
- Install this recovery
- fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-herring.img
- Boot into Clockwork Mod recovery mode
- In ADB: adb reboot recovery
- In fastboot: choose recovery mode
- Flash the latest Superuser
- Congratulations! You have root access! If you’re having problems, click that source link and post in the forums!