Motorola’s Atrix 4G is a crazy beast of a device. Inside, it sports a dual-core Tegra 2 chip from NVIDIA, a full gigabyte of RAM, and HDMI output. On the software side, the Atrix 4G runs Android 2.2 Froyo with Motorola’s Blur skin.
GingerBlur is a pseudo-ROM for the Motorola Atrix 4G that aims to replace Motorola’s Blur look and feel with the style of Android’s Gingerbread release. If you haven’t already rooted your Atrix 4G, this ROM will root your phone for you and enable sideloading capabilities.
At the moment, this installation isn’t recommended for everyone. If you’ve never modified your Android phone, you might want to stay away from this ROM until it drops the “Beta” tag. It still has a few bugs and kinks to work out. Check out the feature set below along with the changelog, screenshots, and installation instructions. Support for this ROM will be provided over at the XDA-Developers forum.
WARNING: DO NOT INSTALL ON BELL ATRIX. INSTALL AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Deodexed framework & system
- Gingerbread style
- Stock Android 2.3 lock screen theme
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread icons for applications
- Removes /system/app bloatware
- Removes /data/app bloatware
- Nexus S Live Wallpaper
- Flash 10.3
with fully upgraded Tegra 2 support
- Gingerbread Launcher
- Gingerbread themed dialer
- GingerBlur boot screen
- Widget Picker (for grouped widgets)
- Gingerbread Power Widget
- Gingerbread Keyboard
- Ad blocking via “hosts” file
- Stock Gallery (3D Gallery)
- Stock Clock (with Alarm Clock)
with Google Voice Action (ie. “set alarm 4:00 PM”)
- Webtop hack option
- HDMI hack option
- Stock Messaging app
– Fixed the Root Explorer application theme problem
- Calendar widget broken
Best Atrix 4G Deal
FREE 2-Day Shipping, NO Tax!