How’d everything work out? Tell us in the comments! Post your benchmark scores or send them in to be posted!
Of course the Google Nexus One received Android 2.2 Froyo first. Its cousin, the HTC Desire, received a solid Android 2.2 Froyo port today that includes HTC’s famed Sense UI and other improvements on top. The Desire ROM brings 720p high definition video recording to the Desire.
The ROM comes from XDA-Developers’ own “udK” and he’s posted a thread about it here. Users can expect a major device performance boost due to the new JIT compiler added in Android 2.2 Froyo by the Google team. In fact, the Nexus One (same hardware as the Desire) is receiving consistent double scores over its Android 2.1 Eclair version in the Quadrant benchmarking app.
So, you ready to jump the gun on HTC’s over-the-air and install Android 2.2 Froyo yourself? Read on for information and instructions taken from the XDA thread.
WARNING: BriefMobile is not responsible for any damaged devices.
- Android 2.2 Froyo (FRF-85B)
- Kernel 22.214.171.124
- New Radio 32.41.00.32U_5.08.00.04
- New Base v2.04
- 720p Video recorder
- Native APP2SD
- App Sharing
- Car Panel
- Wi-Fi Hotspot
- ..and much more!
How to flash DJDroid v1.0-R1 BETA
The installation procedure of this Rom requires 2 steps:
- Rom installation
- Radio installation
- Rooted phone
- Koush Fakeflash installed on SD (see here)
Step 1 – Rom Installation
- a. Enter recovery (press volume down then – keeping it pressed – press power button) and make all the WIPES available, with the procedure you like the most.
- b. After WIPES have been done, use Fakeflash to install ROM file on your SD card.
After installation procedure is over, reboot your phone (first reboot will take some time to complete, do nothing meanwhile).
After first boot, complete first time phone configuration skipping all unnecessary steps (like network, accounts and the like – you will have time setup everything later on).
- Shut down the phone.
Step 2 – Radio Installation
- Switch on the phone entering recovery (again, volume down + power)
- Use fakeflash to make all wipes available, and when you are done, install file on sd card: RadioUpdate.zip. The install will be blazingly fast (less than 3 seconds).
- Using back button, go to main menu and reboot your phone.
At this point, slowly and gently lean your phone on a flat surface (an altar would be an excellent choice) and start praying (it always helps….), while imagining our grinning faces……
Your device will execute several operations, and reboot more than once.
Do NOT TOUCH it – NEVER.
Now your phone should boot into Sense. If not, you didn’t follow the instructions!
- There are no wallpapers
- Some times the geolocalization could not work well
- It’s possible that sometimes the device reboots for unknown reasons
If you like this ROM please consider a donation to the developer: